Following the introduction of the Non-Medical Helper (NMH) Quality Assurance Framework there is now a foundation to begin to measure the delivery of support services to DSA funded students.
Whilst the framework encourages greater engagement between providers of NMH support and HEI’s, there will be rare occasions where this is not possible. To provide Head of Service within HEI’s the opportunity to make observations on the level or quality of support being provided, a reporting facility has been set up to record those occasions where local engagement is not possible.
This will cover areas where, due to the nature of the concern it is not possible to communicate directly with the provider.
Although not exhaustive, the undernoted points are areas which should be considered worthy of reporting:
- Delay in the NMH provider providing support
- Missed session(s) by the NMH provider
- Poor quality of service reported by the student
- Session(s) shortened by the NMH provider
- Support delivered in an inappropriate location by the NMH provider
- Support mode delivered varies from Needs Assessment Report, e.g. remote delivery instead of face to face
- Support worker does not appears to be appropriately qualified
- NMH provider unable to provide support
Click on this link to continue to the HEI Reporting Facility